#022 – Why We Producers Use Distortion
- Why We Use Distortion Slideshow .PDF – Download the slideshow for your convenience!
In this episode of our FL Studio Beginner’s Series, we are covering distortion and how it benefits us as music producers.
The key message to get across is that distortion adds fullness because of the frequencies it adds. At the same time, it reduces dynamic range which keeps your audio more consistent and audible to hear in a busy mix.
You must be careful how much you add with distortion. A little bit helps tons, but too much is too noticeable and damages a song!
Any time we’re dealing with mastering (when you add effects on the master bus), you have to be even extra cautious as you’re effecting the whole mix.
What We Cover:
- What is Distortion and How it Benefits Us as Producers
- Different Types of Distortion
- Common Uses of Distortion
- Some Distortion Plugins I Use
For the whole series, you can join:
FL Studio Beginner’s Series.